We are building
a Makerspace !!!
- What is a Makerspace?
A makerspace, also known as Hackerspace, TechShop and FabLab, is a
"community center" that provides space, tools, technology,
manufacturing equipment and educational opportunities to the public.
It's a workplace where people gather to share ideas, resources
and knowledge, work on projects, network, collaborate, build and show off.
A Makerspace is the perfect resource for tinkerers, creative artists,
roboticists, 3D designers, wood workers, startups, product development,
DIY projects, mad scientists, evil genius’s and all who aspire to learn more.
Watch our video!
Some examples of other Makerspaces are:
- Why build one?
IT IS PRICELESS ...
- to steer a young person away from the street and drugs
- to give them a place to go where they have no choice but to learn and have fun
- to guide teens toward thoughts of art, science, engineering and technology
- To empower anyone with the facilities to imagine, invent and create
- To provide a place for project and prototype collaboration for startups
Need to build something for your home or office but just don't have the tools or space to do it?
A Makerspace is the perfect facility to do just that.
Need to hold a meeting outside of work?
Reserve the A/V equipped conference room at a Makerspace.
Need to order project materials or something large but can't be home for delivery?
Let a Makerspace receive the materials or item for you.
- Want to help us build this Makerspace?
- You can donate using PayPal - anything helps!
If you can't make a monetary donation, any furniture, equipment or raw materials would be greatly appreciated.
Email me to make arrangements.
Sign up as a volunteer to lend a hand with the build-out and even work here when we open!